Bethany Kurbis, PCC, MA
“Every human deserves to sit in a safe space in which they can more fully know and accept themselves. Coaching provides the safe space to explore the depths of the rich resources each of us possess. Coaching is a way to know yourself, and what you have within you, in new and powerful ways.”
Bethany Kurbis is a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) and serves as an executive coach and organizational health consultant. Bethany’s career is rooted in humanitarian aid. In the beginning of her career, she was a humanitarian worker in in Southern Sudan, Sudan, and Iraq initially focused on developing curriculum and implementing training-of-trainers courses on conflict resolution techniques for local communities. She later shifted to roles charged with coaching staff in a high-stress environment, designing staff training and feedback practices, and aligning country programs with organizational missions and strategic goals.
Through these experiences, Bethany is passionate about creating safe spaces for people who rarely have that opportunity to experience space and a true sense of safety and belonging. Bethany partners with individuals and organizations to explore how to develop the mindsets and the habits that can build trust and safety. By cultivating the mindsets of curiosity, humility, and learning, clients can begin to strengthen their own trust and relationships to themselves and apply that learning to their team members and organizations.
- Executive Coaching
- Career Coaching
- Leadership Development
- HR Consulting
- Conflict Resolution
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
- Competency Modeling
- Succession Planning
- Winrock International, Vice President and Chief People Officer
- The Advisory Board Company, Director of Organizational Effectiveness
- The American Red Cross, Senior Consultant of Talent and Organization Development
- Medair, HR Manager
- Samaritan’s Purse, HR Liaison
- HealthNet TPO, Community Education Officer
- International Coaching Federation – Professional Certified Coach (PCC)
- Catholic University of America – M.A, Human Resource Management
- Crown College – B.A., Psychology
- Nature is where I find peace and energy. I enjoy being outside in any way I can be, and I am always looking for new hiking trails to explore in the region.
- Music is a big part of my life, having grown up in a very musical family. I enjoy playing guitar and harmonizing with my friends and family members.
- Being an auntie to my niece and nephew is one of my new favorite hobbies since returning to Minnesota!
Contact Bethany Directly