Join Our Team
Director of Operations – Position Description
The Director of Operations is a critical member of The Bailey Group’s leadership team and oversees the Operations function of the business, understanding the vision of the organization and using that information to build, streamline, run, and continually improve the core processes of the business.
We partner with CEOs, senior executives, and high potential leaders to help individuals realize their – and their organizations’ – potential. Our unique style combines business acumen, humanistic psychology, neuroscience, and an eclectic blend of leadership insights from academic theory to historical narratives. The Bailey Group’s 30+ years of success is a result of our commitment to excellence and built upon our values of contributing to a greater cause, collaboration, continuous learning, fully invested partnership, maximizing human potential, and authenticity.
At The Bailey Group, we don’t just tolerate difference – we actively celebrate and support it for the benefit of our esteemed employees, the services we provide and our valued clients. Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is focused on fostering diversity in all aspects of our business with team members and clients to build a more effective and reflective organization from the inside out.
This position is an internal role, responsible for a wide variety of activities including:
- Strategic Leadership
- Leadership team member – Active member of the Traction Leadership Team, providing strategic input to the running of the business and owning the operations function of the business to ensure the organization is meeting its goals (5-year, 3-year, 1-year, quarterly). Owns a new organizational priority (rock) each quarter to continue to drive the business forward. Also responsible for a personal rock each quarter.
- Strategy – Proactively makes suggestions and implements infrastructure to maximize both the delivery of services to clients and the efficient running of the business.
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion – Build relationship with, influence, and inspire people of diverse backgrounds to drive successful communication, teamwork, collaboration, and commitment across multiple groups with competing priorities
- Operational excellence
- Efficient and effective operations management – Understands the business’s overall goals and objectives and uses that information to operationally run the business successfully. Analytical thinker, effective communicator and efficient with execution.
- New initiatives / project management – Spearheads new initiatives for the firm, owning the project management component and seeing the project through to completion. Ensures projects are completed on time, within scope, and that all necessary stakeholders are receiving regular communications.
- Core processes – Leads identification and documentation of TBG’s 5-7 core processes, continually working to refine and make proactive enhancements to these processes.
- Resource management
- Service delivery support resource management – Manages team members that provide support to relationship managers and service providers (consultants). Ensures consultants are getting what they need to fulfill engagements including administrative support, calendar management and scheduling, help with planning appointments and events, support with expense reimbursement and making travel arrangements. Provide and appropriately resource project management component of complex client engagements including Board Evaluation and Development, Leadership Team Development and Virtual Facilitation service offerings.
- Engagement management and resourcing – Develops and manages the technology and resources to effectively monitor: client engagements for consultants, the new client welcome and intake process, ongoing client communication, data analysis, research, and material development.
- Capacity and utilization – Manages internal capacity management tool and oversees the utilization of our Service Deliverers (consultants), including setting appropriate utilization goals, overseeing the ongoing use of individuals, and working with Service Delivery leader to inform resource assignment on new engagements.
- Pricing and contracting
- Pricing – Understands the inputs of pricing and can use the pricing template to calculate pricing accurately and reliably. Manages the pricing process and team to maintain consistent pricing standards.
- Contracting – Oversees the contractual arm of the business, including the Statement of Work (SOW) lifecycle and contract renewal process. Advocates for continual enhancements to contracting processes and materials to enhance client experience and increase revenues.
- Business systems administration
Be forward thinking in our use of technology systems that streamline the work and enhance the client experience. Anticipates needs, proactively make recommendations, and implement system and process improvements.
- Measuring impact and satisfaction survey – Responsible for TBG’s proprietary Impact and Satisfaction measurement tool which gauges the impact and satisfaction of client engagements to help ensure clients are capitalizing on their investment. Drives the development, implementation, and execution of the Measurement of Impact and Satisfaction Model 2.0. Ensures continued enhancement in terms of data capture, interpretation, and follow up.
- Portal technology – Oversees the use of the technology portal that clients and coaches use to schedule meetings, access engagement materials, store assessment results, complete tasks and send secure communications. Oversees the internal administration of setting up the backend logistics of the portal.
- Salesforce – Have knowledge of Salesforce or a comparable customer relationship management tool to create, analyze, and present data that informs strategic business decisions. Oversees the primary system administrator for Salesforce.com who handles all basic administrative functions including creating reports, converting leads into prospects, and creating and updating opportunities as they flow through the pipeline. Oversees and resources training of new users. Works to define and document sales pipeline definitions, communicate expectations of users and is accountable for data quality.
- Business systems administration (continued)
- Acuity / scheduling software – Oversees scheduling team, ensuring they have the necessary tools to streamline scheduling. Have a basic knowledge of our scheduling software. Manage team members that train new users and automate communication templates like appointment confirmation emails, reminder emails, rescheduling and cancellation emails.
- ClickTime / time tracking software – Ensures consultants’ time is being tracked to supply Finance with engagement inputs (time spent fulfilling contract) so Finance can report out the profitability by engagement, client, account, service line, service provider, and relationship manager.
Critical success factors for this position: strong attention to detail, strategic thinking, self-management, an ability to lead and hold others accountable, project management skills, organization, follow through, relationship building, collaboration, flexibility, prioritization, time management, and an ability to produce high quality client deliverables on time and within scope.
This position has one direct report and reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer, working closely with the Director of Service Delivery to ensure alignment between functions.
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years professional experience working in an Operations Management or equivalent position
- Strong ethical leadership abilities
- Proficient operational and financial acumen
- Strong analytical and data-driven decision-making abilities
- Quick learner with great comfort investigating, learning, and implementing new pieces of technology
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Operations Director position is a plus
- Experience with Traction (entrepreneurial operating system) is a plus
- Experience working in executive coaching / consulting industry is a plus
Must be extremely proficient in:
- Salesforce Administration and Management or similar CRM
- Microsoft Suite with a strong aptitude of Microsoft Excel
- Full-time, salaried (exempt) position
- Eligible for health care benefits, SIMPLE IRA contribution match
At The Bailey Group, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.
Think You’ve Got What It Takes?
If you pride yourself on taking initiative and being proactive; get satisfaction out of blowing away expectations; are motivated by putting your skills and talents to use in a service-oriented environment; are driven by continual growth and development; and are eager to add value and contribute to a team of ethical, sharp and committed individuals – REACH OUT. We’d love to learn more about you.