Jeff Brown, MSc
Executive Coach and Consulant
“Thought and action leaders and bridge-builders are needed now more than ever. This is especially true in the nonprofit and social sectors where organizations and their leaders are called on to address the world’s biggest problems with the smallest amount of resources. I help leaders, at all levels in for-profit and non-profit organizations drive their mission and effect the change and results they envision.”
Jeff has had a diverse career leading international businesses and nonprofit organizations.
In his corporate career with Chiquita, he designed and led one of the world’s largest global supply chains of perishable products, supported GATT/WTO trade cases, and was CAO for the Austral-Asia region. He coached and mentored employees in the company’s General Management Development Program and Executive Leadership Development Program.
He was also part of the executive team that proactively addressed the company’s social, environmental, corporate, and labor challenges and opportunities. This experience, and his team’s responses to natural disasters were so meaningful that when he left Chiquita, he formed a European company to help other organizations improve their social and environmental practices. That, in turn, led Jeff to working in the nonprofit sector where he focused organizations on their culture, their mission’s visionary goals, the plans to achieve them, and on empowering leaders and teams.
This approach is also at the heart of how Jeff coaches and mentors. He listens, creates trusting relationships, supports, and advises. He believes that his success as a coach is measured by the success of those he coaches.
Coaching and leadership development. Team building. Strategy design and execution. Nonprofit management, focus, and growth. Nonprofit board development. Financial management. Operations design and management.
• Not for Profit in a range of domestic and international areas of social needs
• International Ocean Shipping
• Global Supply Chain Design and Management
• Corporate Responsibility
• International Trade Regulations
• Disaster Response
• Nonprofit CEO and Executive Director at Lifeworks Services, The United Way of Washington County East, Practice Greenhealth, and Haiti Outreach
• Owner of Portage Consulting
• President of Great White Fleet Shipping
• Senior Vice President of Chiquita Brands International
• Former Board Chair of Voyageurs National Park Association (now Voyageurs Conservancy)
• Massachusetts Institute of Technology – Master of Science in Ocean Engineering and International Trade and Finance
• Cornell University – Bachelor of Science in Civil and Environmental Engineering
Family, cabin and wilderness time, flyfishing, woodworking, biking, canoe-camping, reading, dog fun
Contact Jeff Directly
© The Bailey Group 2022. All Rights Reserved.