“Over the course of my career, I learned the value of a confidant – someone with whom I could discuss the company’s performance and issues with an open ear and without judgment. As a CEO Advisor, I am that – your most trusted advisor who will work with you to unlock thoughts and ideas that help you propel the company forward.”
Jim Smiley is the former CEO of H.M. Cragg and current Chairman of the Board for H.M. Cragg. He has held other C-suite leadership positions in the distribution and telecommunications industries as well as in higher education. Jim has unique experience in government affairs, transitioning family-owned companies to be professionally managed, and with employee stock ownership plans. He uses this variety of experiences in management and consulting to benefit his CEO clients at The Bailey Group.
Throughout his career, Jim has been passionate about motivating his teams to deliver results, and has been skillful in developing relationships based on trust and clear communication. He helps his clients do the same and more, depending on their own unique challenges and opportunities.
With 30+ years of experience in both the distribution and telecommunications industries, Jim has refined his management and consulting skillset. He has a deep understanding of the issues facing the C-Suite and Executive Teams. His area of strength is partnering with clients who have an earnest interest in growth and getting the team all pulling in the same direction.
• The Bailey Group, CEO Advisor
• HM Cragg, Chairman of the Board and Former CEO
• Steele Fitness, COO
• Packaging Incorporated, President
• Associated Colleges of the Twin Cities, Executive Director
• Pacific Northwest/Mountain Bell/AT&T/U.S. West, Executive roles
• The Bailey Group – Certified CEO Advisor
• University of California, Berkley – Graduate studies in regulatory economics
• Washington State University – BA Radio, Television and Journalism
Contact Jim Directly