Rosemary Hanrahan , MD, MPH, PCC
“With three decades of diverse experience as a physician, public health and non-profit professional, I have witnessed the power of individuals and organizations to change lives. I also understand the challenges that leaders face in today’s world. As a professional coach, I help leaders manage stress, navigate change, beat burnout, build resilience, and thrive. I especially enjoy working with emerging and transitioning leaders and helping clients draw out the best in those they lead and influence.”
With three decades of diverse experience as a physician, public health and non-profit professional, Rosemary understands the challenges leaders face in today’s world. She has faced many of these challenges herself. As a professional coach she is committed to working with The Bailey Group to help leaders cultivate the self-awareness, vision and resilience they need to effectively and compassionately lead individuals, teams and systems through the uncertainty and conflict that can derail even the best of us. Her coaching clients include a diverse range of individuals and organizations in the U.S. and international community, encompassing individuals in non-profit, academic and healthcare sectors, as well as a variety of other industries. For the past six years, Rosemary has worked as a leadership and executive coach for several large academic and global organizations. She especially enjoys coaching clinical leaders and physicians at all levels of career development. Her coaching style is holistic, strategic, and compassionate. Rosemary also facilitates professional development seminars and workshops for professional and volunteer caregivers across the healthcare continuum, to increase awareness of burnout and help them develop sustainable and scalable self-care strategies that improve resilience and engagement.
Before retiring from her medical practice to coach fulltime in 2020, Rosemary chaired and served on hospital-wide, multi-disciplinary committees and served as Medical Director for Transfusion Services and Rapid-Service Laboratory Services.
With a heart for service, Rosemary has 20 years’ experience volunteering with international health and senior service programs as a consultant and non-profit board member. Rosemary was the 2003 and 2006 recipient of the College of American Pathologists Foundation Humanitarian Grant Award for her international medical laboratory work.
- Leadership Development
- Physician and Clinical Leadership Executive Coaching
- Individual and Organizational Holistic Wellness
- Career Coaching
- Team Coaching
- Mindful Self-Compassion Theory and Practice
- Medical Laboratory Management
- Non-Profit: Leadership, Governance, Strategic Planning, Board Development and Grant Proposal Writing
Healthcare, Medicine Non-Profit, Public Health, Academics and Education
- The Bailey Group, Consultant and Executive Coach;
- Beyond Words Wellness Resources, Professional Coaching and Non-Profit Consulting, Principal and Founder;
- University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Executive and Leadership Coaching Coach, Independent Contractor;
- BetterUp, Fellow Coach (Executive and Leadership, Working Parents and Navigating Uncertainty);
- Medical Director Transfusion Services, Anatomic and Clinical Pathologist (Carraway Methodist Medical Center, Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh, Butler Medical Center, Weirton Medical Center);
- Non-Profit Board Member (Global Links, Vincentian Collaborative System (Chairperson), International Coach Federation, Pittsburgh Chapter, University of Fondwa, USA, Partners in Progress, Outreach to Haiti)
- University of Pittsburgh, School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA–Medical Doctor (MD)
- University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL–Blood Bank and Transfusion Medicine Fellowship (Board Certified)
- University of Pittsburgh, Graduate School of Public Health, Pittsburgh, PA—Master of Public Health (MPH)
- Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, PA– Professional Coach Training Program
- American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene–Certificate of Knowledge in Tropical Medicine and Traveler’s Health
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania–BS Biology
Rosemary is a Tai Chi for Health and Fitness Instructor and published author. She enjoys active travel, participating in triathlons and volunteering with non-profit organizations, who offer programs in international health and development and senior services.
Contact Rosemary Directly